The Planning Director is responsible for setting the digital/social planning direction and its clients.
Working across Wunderman’s core pillars of digital/social experience, consumer engagement and data and analytics, this digital/social Planning Director works across disciplines and channels, utilizing a varied range of tools to derive key insights that leads to relevant and timely brand communications throughout the entire customer journey.
The Digital Planning Director is passionate about new media and proselytizes their importance in brand communications strategy to all stakeholders.
• Grow its digital/social strategic offering across traditional and new media channels
• Establish digital/social planning culture amongst all agency departments by ensuring that briefs provide our creative teams adequate and relevant insight to deliver effective results for our clients’ brands.
• Build an agency insight discipline relying on a variety of internal and external data resources.
• Interpret outside research findings, Wunderman data insights and measurement tools, working closely with data and analytics teams, recommending changes based upon evidence.
• Provide input as needed during creative development to ensure that the strategic direction is correctly translated into creative work.
• Drive digital and technological innovation amongst agency and client stakeholders
• 8 years of planning experience in 4A agency, ideally within digital/social agency environments
• Strong interpretive and strategic thinking skills, with experience in the creation of digital/social marketing efforts
• A new media junkie, boldly curious about new channels, not only can talk it but lives the new media life. Passionate about technology is a must
• Superior presentation skills with the ability to persuade and inform, while maintaining agency standards and strategic point-of-view.
• Effective leadership and managerial skills. Can both inspire, train and mentor junior staff members in multi-lingual environments